Tuesday, August 28, 2012

PALEMBANG IS SO EXCITING!!

NO IT'S NOT.  THAT IS A COMPLETE LIE.
Well, I'm back in Palembang.  I don't really know what to say other than I AM BORED OUT OF MY EVER LOVING MIND.  I know some of you are thinking, "Wow, Diane has a bad attitude.  She used to be so bubbly, fun and optimistic."  Well you know what?  Bubbly, fun Diane is gone.  Deal with it.  So far, the most exciting thing that happened was the power outage at school yesterday.  This happens very often and I was lucky enough to experience it the second day back at school.  No AC, no computers, pitch black recently "cleaned" (hosed down and dripping wet) bathrooms, etc. etc. so on and so forth.  

The latest 'fun' thing in my life since my return to the Cleveland of Indonesia (term coined by Chris) is making soy sauce and garlic omelets for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Okay, maybe just for breakfast and also for dinner sometimes.  Lunch for the past two days has been chicken sate since that is the only quick food option near school.  I'm going through severe vacation withdrawals.  I miss you all and am looking forward to our camping trip, Santa Cruz weekend, experimental cooking sessions, driving, high speed internet, hilarity and tea parties.  I have twenty two more days.  I should make the best of them with all that Palembang has to offer.  Which is about next to nothing.  GET ME OUTTA HERE. 

My room is a mess.  The only food I have left is one egg and a can of garbanzo beans.  I haven't showered in two days.  I need help.  However, I will say, Carlina's email and skyping with Guilin and the Kos did make my day.  Thanks guys!  I am sure in three weeks time I will be writing a post talking about how much I will miss Indonesia and how sad I am to be leaving.  Feel free to roll your eyes and sigh at my inconsistent, fickle, hyperbolic behavior. 




4 comments:

  1. You mean Skyping with Guiyang and Cody???

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, she means the Kos. =b Tianjin, I think you need a new project. I want you to get yourself a translator and do interviews around Palembang of people you have interacted with over this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you so sweet Diane! xoxo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I miss you too Maria! I'll be in Portland in the beginning of October. I can't wait to see you! Did you see my claymation? Notice all the collage miniatures (thermometer, antique French doll eyes, new doll eyes, compass). xoxo.

    ReplyDelete