Thursday, August 23, 2012

No. 12 : Anturan

DAY ELEVEN: Black Sand Beaches
After a delightful coconut pancake and some coffee, the morning was spent lounging around in the sun and running across the dangerously hot black sand into the refreshing ocean.  We enjoyed a lunch of gado-gado and fish, then took two ojeks (motorbikes) into the center of town to walk around.  I nearly fell off the back of the motorcycle in a fit of giggles when I turned and saw Ryan's hands placed gingerly, and I'll go so far as to say tenderly, on his driver's waist.  The picture doesn't do it justice but just imagine it and feel the corners of your mouth curl up in amusement.

As requested by family, I have added some more pictures of me.  I don't know why I am not smiling in any of them, but you'll just have to trust me that I'm having a good time.

 

After I got over how hilarious Ryan was on the bike, we walked around town through a local market and down to beach and back to the homestay again. Here are some pictures from our walk.






We returned to the home stay around 5:00pm and hopped on a fishing boat with Gede's brother Ketut.  It was SO AMAZING!!  The sunset was lovely and by the time we got back, the sky was full of stars.  We caught some fish but they were all embarrassingly small.  The coolest thing we saw were glowing plankton!  Dinoflagellates.  They were unbelievable.  We arrived back on shore with a bucket of tiny fish which they fried up for us.  Yum.







No comments:

Post a Comment