Wednesday, August 22, 2012

No. 10 : Hanoi to Kuala Lumpur

DAY TEN: Travel + Clouds + Grumpy Diane + Amazing Food
The train arrived in Hanoi at about 6:15am.  I was tired and wished I could sleep for another six hours but it wasn't possible.  We had things to do and people to see and places to go.  We took a cab to the previous hotel we stayed at and dropped off our bags.  We got some banh my pate for breakfast and sat at a corner cafe for our last Vietnamese coffee.  Around 7:30 we got a taxi to go to the US Embassy so I could get more pages added into my passport.  We got there around 8:00 and the process took about an hour or so.  It went faster than I had expected and we had some time to kill so we went to a restaurant and drank some beverages and used the wifi until we had to get to the airport to head to Kuala Lumpur. 
I slept a little on the plane ride and woke up in time to eat some food and see the most amazing clouds I had ever witnessed in the history of my plane rides.  You will see the pictures in the next Limited Edition Cloud Post.  We arrived safely in Kuala Lumpur, took the KLIA train into the city, walked to the Monorail, then walked to our hotel.  I was a grumpy jerk the entire time.  My feet hurt, my leg hurt and my ability to complain was at an all time high.  Sorry Ryan.  We finally got to the hotel, I showered, felt much better and we headed out to Jalan Alor to get some tasty food.
The street was packed with people and all kinds of food. I was feeling better already.  We sat down and ordered an omelette with shrimp, sauteed kailan, fried pork ribs and chicken satay.  The food was delicious and after dinner we walked around a bit, saw the Petronas Towers from a distance, got a little lost, arrived back at Jalan Alor and ordered some dessert.  I got a soursop blended ice drink and Ryan got a shaved ice dessert.  After that it was back to the hotel and back to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment