Monday, July 30, 2012

there's a bird in my bathroom!

Let me set the scene for you.  It's Tuesday morning, the birds are chirping, the construction workers are laying bricks down for some project across the road, the ice cream man is making his morning rounds and I am waking up from a dream I can't remember.  As I'm laying in bed wondering what the day will hold, I say to myself, "Get out of bed.  You need to go to the bathroom."  In response, I reply, "But I'm so tired and comfortable that I don't want to move."  Eventually, I win and I get up and enter the world outside my room.  Upon arrival, I brush my teeth and go to the bathroom.

The bathroom is a small room with a very high ceiling.  There is a small window high up on the wall to the right of the toilet.  It is always halfway open.  Sometimes I hear strange noises.  This morning I was sitting on the toilet minding my own business when I heard some strange noises.  I looked up to the window and there was a bird standing on the edge.  Next thing I knew it was flying around the tiny bathroom like a maniac, knocking over the toilet paper roll into the wet mandi and I was curled up on the toilet covering my head and screaming like an innocent civilian in the middle of a raging war zone bombing.

It soon found its way back outside.  I got out of there as fast as I could and found Ida, our housekeeper standing in the living room looking at me.  I said, "IDA!" and realized I didn't know the Indonesian word for bird so I just started wildly flapping my arms like a madwoman and pointing to the bathroom.

It was pretty hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. Your life is so entertaining. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What on earth did you expect Ida to do about it and also what is a "mandi"?

    ReplyDelete