Saturday, April 21, 2012

fortune telling

Annie and I had our fortunes told by Heng yesterday.  Heng and Erwin (who acted as our translator) came and picked us up and took us out to the Buddhist Temple in Heng's little village.  A guy in a blue shirt started singing and chanting to help call the spirits. Heng became filled with the spirit and started shaking and chanting and bopping around while we asked him questions and the spirit answered in Hokkien and Erwin translated.  I was told I should own my own business and work for myself and marry someone older in the year of the rat.  Also, that I was born stubborn and selfish but with a kind heart and if I have kids I might be too busy to take care of them so I should hire a nanny.  Don't know if I believe it all but it was pretty interesting to witness.  After I went, Annie asked some questions, then Erwin then the guy in blue wanted to know the lottery numbers, then finally the guy in blue did some chants and stuff and the spirit left Heng.  Heng was exhausted afterwards.  Then we all drank some water and ate mint candies.



There's the guy in blue and Heng preparing for the spirit/god.  His daughter Lauren on the right.
Heng's daughters Lauren and Michelle who LOVE getting pictures taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment